Our Blanking and Multiblanking lines are the result of our long experience with levelling and cut-to-length lines and slitting lines.
These are lines where the finished product (blank) is obtained from the continuous strip, through various technologies:
- shaped blank cutting with tools installed on eccentric presses or servo presses. A typical application for the production of blanks for internal and external car parts
- trapezoidal blank cutting, with tilting shears
- disc cutting, using tools installed on hydraulic presses, moving transversally to the direction of travel, with numerical control
- simultaneous slitting and cut-to-length of the mother coil (multiblanking lines). With every cut-to-length, you simultaneously obtain multiple blanks narrower than the mother coil
For strip straightening or levelling before cutting, we use our levelling machines, with optinal interchangeable levelling cassettes.
These high precision machines are connected to a dedicated PC, which manages and stores the adjustment of the back-up rolls and tilting set-up.
All cut-to-length lines are equipped with software developed in our technical department. They can be customised and interfaced with the customer’s management programs and allow for remote assistance.
They therefore require high production capacity combined with high quality of the produced blank, especially for car body parts that need to be stamped thereafter.
The lines consist of:
- coil feeding line
- eccentric mechanical press, link drive or servo press, or by tilting shears
- magnetic or vacuum stacking system for aluminium, stainless steel and non-magnetic materials
The coil feeding line is normally characterised by high automation at the coil loading, stripintroduction, coil head scrapping, loop and press feeding and line unloading stage.
The set-up time of the line, for the product changeover, must be quick and automatic.
Our Profimach levelling machines are the heart of the feeding line, as they guarantee optimal levelling results, also in the presence of high tensile steel or aluminium.
Blanks can be shaped or trapezoidal, in which case we supply tilting shears or tilting tools to be used in the presse.
The stackers are duly designed for non-stop stacking of rectangular, trapezoidal or different shaped blanks, depending on what moulds are used.
On these plants, the coil, once it is flattened, is cut longitudinally into strips, thereby simultaneously obtaining multiple blanks with every transversal cut thereafter, typically up to 5 blanks for each longitudinal cut.
The production line therefore uses slitting shears, with various levels of automation for circular blade change/settings.
Depending on production volumes, the lines can be in start/stop mode with loop and roller feeder, or with rotary shears.
The stacking and packing section is crucial to these plants, given the high number of blanks being managed and the reduced dimensions that can be reached for the ready blanks.
Our multi-blanking lines can be equipped with automatic pallet loading systems (up to 5 pallets in parallel), and automatic unloading, weighing and pack strapping systems.